Do I need a visa?
All travellers to Australia (except Australian and New Zealand citizens) must have a valid visa before arriving in Australia. At a minimum, you should apply for your visa 6 weeks before you intend on arriving in Australia.
Visa processing may take some time. After submitting your visa application you should receive a confirmation it has been received and is in the queue for processing.
When you complete your registration for the congress, you will receive an acknowledgement letter to use with your visa application.
What visa should I apply for?
There are many visa options available to people wishing to visit Australia. The appropriate visa option will depend, amongst other things, on the person’s purpose for visiting Australia. Please refer to the Business Information Sheet for guidance on the visa options that may be most suitable for you. Please also refer to the General Information for Visa Applicants document.
NB: These are the visa options available presently but the Department reserves the right to change regulations. Visa applicants must demonstrate that they meet all the legislative requirements for an Australian visa.
For additional background relating to:
- visas for people to come to Australia for tourism or business purposes, please click here.
- visas for people to come to Australia to participate in an event as an invited participant, please click here.
- visas for people to come to Australia to undertake short-term, highly specialised work, please click here
Department of Home Affairs – Visa Finder
You can use the Department of Home Affairs’ Visa Finder tool to identify the most suitable visa for you. Click here to access the online Visa Finder tool.
At a minimum, you should apply for your visa 6 weeks before your arrival date in Australia.
- Access the online Visa Finder tool
- Select your primary reason for travel to Australia (Business activities)
- Select your passport’s country of issue from the dropdown list provided
- Select your age range from the dropdown list provided
- Select ‘next’ to see your visa options
- Select the visa you wish to apply for
- Create an ImmiAccount to commence your visa application:
Create an ImmiAccount